Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Dressing Conservatively

Last week I had the opportunity to help with a St. John Knits runway show. I had to dress in all black (extremely common) and consevatevely. I'm not one to usually show a lot of skin, but it was still a challenge to look conservative yet youthful. 

I almost wore a dress, but if you've ever worked backstage at a runway show, you know it's not always the best idea. I decided to go with loose fitting slacks and a silk Escada blouse that I found brand new with tags at the thrift store!!!

On the tags it says Margaretha Ley and I'm not sure if it's something different from other Escada pieces. I have a few pieces without her name or at least I don't think so. I know that she has passed, but by from the Neiman Marcus tags and style of the blouse, I'm pretty sure it's not vintage. Let me know if you have any info! 

Slacks: Borrowed From my mom! :D
Purse: Faux Chanel via Random thrift store - $1
Shoes: Forever 21 - $15

I love that blouse is sleeveless and has a scoop neck, so I wasn't completely covered up. I would say the look was tasteful without aging myself. Funnily enough, later that day someone asked me if I was still in high school. I'll take that compliment! 

-A.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment