Friday, September 16, 2016

Family Thrift Outlet Haul #4

On my recent trip to my local Family Thrift Outlet, I found some of the best things I've thrifted in a long time. I found a lot of coats, because winter is coming (not really, but I like to pretend), and you can never have enough coats; even though I live in Texas. I found a couple of hadbags and a handful of tops that are perfect transitional pieces. Oh and all my finds were $2 a piece because I went on a Thursday! 

Coats:

1. Vintage 80's Bloomingdale's Fringe Coat - $2

You can immediatly tell the high quality of the wool, which I love! The coat is a little out there for me, but I have some fringe booties that it'll go perfectly with. I'll honestly wear this once though...


2. Vintage 60's Mink Collar Coat - $2 

I've never found a nice 60's coat at the thrift store, much less a coat with mink! For $2 too! I think this coat is too long, so I'm going to get it hemmed (yes, I've gotten lazy) a little below the last button. I slightly panicked when I felt that stuff was in the pockets, but it happened to be ballons and a bundle of rice. I imagine the last time it was worn was to a wedding. The tulle and ribbon of the bundle is definatley vintage, so I wonder if the owner purchased the coat for the wedding. I love the mysteries of a garment's past life. The coat came from Monning's department store in Ft.Worth, which has been closed since the 90's. A coat like this would cost me about $125; so I saved about $123.



3. Gap Toggle Coat - $2

I've always wanted a red toggle coat with a hood, but I will settle for a black hoodless one. I'm not a Gap fan due to their unethical practices, but I justifed my purchase since it's secondhand. I'm thinking it'll give my cableknit sweaters a classic touch. I found a similar toggle coat on their website which is shorter than this mine and currently on sale; it originally retailed for $168. I saved about $166!



4. Vintage 40's/50's Coat -$2

I want to say this is late 40's, early 50's. I couldn't find much information on the label. I fell in love with the deep red color and the choir boy sleeves. The sleeves create this cool effect that makes it look like you're wearing a cape. I know I'm going to be wearing this piece A LOT! Especially since it's so lightweight and has pockets.


Tops:

1. Kaftan Blouse - $2

There isn't anything too signigicant about this piece, but it'll be nice to wear until the days actually get cooler.



It's always a good thrift haul when you find Free People! It's one of my favorite brands to find and wear. I can picture with my green cargo blouse and brown ankle booties or just plain with sandals. A tunic similar to this would cost about $78, so I saved about $76. 


3. Old Navy Boat Print Sweater - $2

Another Gap company product that I contemplated on purchasing. I just really want to wear it with the sleeves rolled up and with high waisted shorts for that cool oversized look. I might try to shrink it or take it in from the sides if it's too bulky. You know how sometimes outfits look better in your mind than in person (happens all the time to me!).


4. H&M Lace Top - $2

Lace is a staple for fall and winter. I don't have any all lace blouses, so I was happy to find a black one! It looks a little boxy, but it's easily fixable. Lace is always a great way to add texture to any outfit.


5. Gap Draped Blouse - $2

I swear this is the last Gap item from this haul! After typing this, I feel a bit guilty for buying these items, but I really liked them! 


6. Peasant Style Blouse - $2

Perfect for warm fall days and my Stetson floppy hat


7. Hunter Green Draped Top - $2

This style of draped tops really make me think of L'agence. It'll be perfect with black jeans!


8. Nude Lace Top

I was happy to find another basic nude lace top! I think it'll look amazing with with the red jacket and dark wash jeans. 


9. Trunkfit Tee - $2

Ok, I had no idea this label is by Lil Wayne! LOL! I just really liked the mixed materials and the cool patch. I have this pair of distressed jeans with paint splatters and this tee is perfect for those jeans. 



Handbags:

1. Vintage Dooney & Bourke All Weather Leather Crossbody

My second vintage Dooney find! I was excited to find it and love that it's a crossbody! I've already used it and given it a personal touch with a fur pom. A crossbody like this costs around $100, so I saved about $98. 



2. Vintage Fendi - $2

I nearly died when I snatched this Fendi bag! It's one of my favorite luxury brands, so I'm excited to have my own piece. It's definately authentic and something similar costs about $70, so I saved about $68. Funny how the vintage Dooney's are more valuable than the vintage Fendi's. I love both, but definately prefer the Fendi, all I'm missing is a Fendi Fur Monster!  


For 15 items, I spent $30 and saved at least $538!

I think I got pretty lucky with my finds! Can't wait for the next thursday I go! 

-A.


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment