Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Glossy Box - January Review

Ever since I ordered Sephora Play Box subscription, I got really curious about other subscription boxes. In December, I ordered two new subscriptions, the first one I want to talk about is Glossy Box.

Glossy Box sends you 5 full sized products each month. When you first sign up, they ask you about what beauty products you use, what you'd like to try out, type of make up you wear, etc. They send you different brands, from high to low. It's $21 a month, but they sometimes have deals. 

I know I said I started this subscription in December, but do to the holidays I never got a chance to do a review.

First off, this is the most beautifully packaged subscription box that I have seen! The box is also a nice quality and is good for storing things.  It's always nice that you're not only paying for the items, but beautiful packaging.



These are the 5 items that I received.  Now because it is a bit on the pricer side, my mom and I have decided to split it. I only used 4 out the 5 items pictured and is what I'll be reviewing.



What it does/is supposed to do?

Hydrating body cream without feeling greasy.

My thoughts:  

I haven't used this as directed. However, I've been carrying it in my purse and using it on my hands as needed. The packaging to this lotion is super pretty and elegant.  It also smells AMAZING!!! It smells like milk and honey.  The scent used is called "Venetian Grove".  This creme definitely doesn't feel greasy or leave your hands feeling moist like most other lotions. It's the main reason why I have started carrying it in my purse and use it throughout the day. I will probably end up buying this creme once I am out.


What it does/is supposed to do?

Moisturize dry and cracked heels.

My thoughts:

This foot cream does leave your feet really soft. I've been using it after putting on a foot mask. I've noticed that my heels have become significantly softer compared to regular lotion. I'm not sure if I'd buy this again though. I usually just put regular lotion on my feet. 


What it does/is supposed to do?

A make up primer that evens out your skin tone. 

My thoughts:

This is the one product that my mom ended up taking. I don't believe that she has tried it yet. 


What it does/is supposed to do?

Matte/velvet finish lip pencil. 

My thoughts:

I really wanted to love this. I love the color, it's extremely pigmented and leaves a beautiful matte finish. However, I thought it was really chalky almost. I think it would be worn best as a lip liner or layered with a lip gloss.


What it does/is supposed to do?

This rinse is supposed to remove product build up and reset the PH balance in your hair. 

My thoughts:

I've only used this product a couple of times, I haven't really noticed much of a difference. It does smell good though! I'll keep on using it and see if I see a difference. 


Here I am wearing that MeMeMe lip glide and after rinsing my hair with the Lemon rinse.



I really love Glossy Box and think the money is worth it. I like it a lot better than Sephora's Play Box because I get full sized items and items I wouldn't normally buy. I even cancelled my Sephora subscription box because I'd rather spend the extra money to get full sized products. 

Stay tuned for my next review on the other beauty subscription box I've been ordering.

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment