Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dia de los Muertos

Due to a family emergency, I had to take a break from blogging. Everything is better than it ever was now, so I can finally return here.

November 1st was Dia de los Muertos and I went out to a community event.

I wanted to look festive, so I made myself a headpiece out crepe paper.

It only took me about 30 minutes to make. I really liked the fact that my headpiece was not going to be like the rest of the headpieces out there; most are of acrylic flowers.

Here's the head piece. I made the flowers and then just hot glued them to a plain black headband.




As for the rest of my outfit, I decided to wear a 1970's hand embroidered dress. I picked up the vintage dress at a thrift store for $3. You can tell from the inside of the dress that it was embroidered by hand and not a machine like most are done these days.






Overall the event was just okay, but I did have fun dressing up in something from my culture.

Stay tuned to see my current work in project!



No comments:

Post a Comment