Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Love Letter to Plaid: School Girl Plaid

The weather seems to finally be cooling down here. If you've been a long time follower of this blog you should know what this means for me! It's time to whip out the plaid! I still have a deep love for plaid and over the spring and summer, I added even more to my collection. 

How I wish I would wear traditional plaids during summer. Don't get me wrong I still love gingham, madras, and all other check patterned light weight fabrics we see. There's just something about the fall color schemes and the touch of flannel and wool on a cool day that makes it way more enjoyable. 

Do you feel the same way? What print or fabric do you absolutely love?

Yesterday was date day and I chose to wear plaid (of course!). 


The weather was cool but it was far from cold. I paired a short sleeve knit blouse that is one of my all time favorite and was given to me by my mom. It's an Anne Klein from Dillard's and I've had it for years! I absolutely love the fit and it has such a versatile silhouette. The skirt happens to be an early 90's (cringe!) school uniform skirt that I picked up from one of my local thrifts for $1!! I absolutely love the length and the fact that the pleats don't start until after the hips. No alterations were needed at all! It is a teensy weensy bit big, but not noticeable. You can find the exact same t-strap flats here. They okay for every day wear, but I prefer something of higher quality. I'm still on the lookout for something under $40, but these will do for now. To finish the outfit, I of course put on a vintage brooch. 


Please excuse my dandruff -__- This cat or fox? brooch is from the 60's and I found him at an antique mall in Irving. He makes me think of cat in the hat and was only $1.50 so I had to take hime home with me. 

Date day included lunch at Eno's Pizza in the Bishop Arts district. I'm not too crazy about that place, but we were starving and had no clue where else to go. We ended the date with a slice of pie a la mode from Pie Emporium. 

I can't wait to share my next plaid outfit with you! Oh and keep an eye out for my $2 Burberry merino wool sweater blouse.

-A. 

1 comment: