Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pop tart Princess // Lolita Dress

I've been very eager to write this post! This costume took about a month of planning and a week of sewing. However, the dress itself took 2 1/2 days to complete.

As mentioned in my previous post, I also made another dress for my friend during the time frame as mine. It got a bit hectic and stressful, there were a couples nights around 1 in the morning when I questioned myself "Am I actually going to finish everything on time?" Well, I made it!!! I will be posting about the dresses separately. But you will get a bit of a preview of what the other dress looks like!

The pattern I used was Simplicity's 3828 from 1960 and the pop tart fabric is by Benartex 100% cotton. I also used vintage lace from my stash.

This is the outcome.

I think it came out well! I thrifted an XXL plain white blouse. I just took it in from the sides, cut the sleeves off and added elastic to them. The basket was also found at the thrift store and just added vintage lace and bows from my stash & scraps. Oh and not to mention, I made pop tart fascinators out of felt and sequins. 

I know these aren't the greatest quality photos, but I was too excited to not share. 

Here you can somewhat see my pop tart facisnators. Just felt, nothing too fancy.

I'll leave you with this last photo of me and my friend. You can somewhat see a bit, but wait till you see the details!

Now that my sewing-athon for A-Kon is finished, I'm left to wonder what my next project will be. 



  1. I came here form We Sew Retro and OMG you look so cute! Great print to use for this dress and I love the feathery looking lace trim. Great job!

  2. Oh my, this is so cute! I really love this dress and how you styled it ♥ ♥ ♥

    1. Thank you! That really means a lot! <3