Friday, October 11, 2013

Plaid Love

Today I wore this 1970's plaid polyester dress I've had since high school. I remember I thrifted it while in North Carolina. I wish I would have taken a before picture. It was floor length and had long sleeves! I know I have the scrap fabric put away somewhere. I only wish it was a cotton instead of 100% polyester.


Dress/Headband: 1970's via Thrifted in Winston-Salem,Nc
Brooch: Stamped Gerry's, 1960's, via Ebay
Nude Flats: Steve Madden via T.J.Maxx
Bangles: 1940's Bakelite and Jade 
Earrings: 1940's via Gift

These days I'm obsessed with 3 things for fall: Monograms, Green, and Plaid.

I'm currently in the process of working on a plaid dress, which I promise to post soon!

Of course no outfit is complete without a brooch! So here is my 1960's Gerry poodle brooch I wore.


I matched the brooch to these 1940's screw back earrings my friend's mom gave me. Wasn't that really sweet of her? I really love this pair because you can tell the flowers are hand painted. They kind of make me think of white bluebonnets. Any ideas on what kind of flowers they are?


Here are a few of my butterscotch bakelite bangles I chose to wear plus my permanent apple cider jade bangle. My favorite one is the carved one, I found it for a really good deal and then the vendor also had an additional sale on it. I got it for close to nothing!


2 comments: