Friday, February 25, 2011

Sewing Project: 1965 Dress Pt. 2

Today I finished my Simplicity 5960 from 1965. The only thing I had to do was to sew the neck and sleeve facings, side seams, and hem it. I had a hard time attaching the sleeve facings since the sleeves are at an angle and then the sleeve facings were like super long so I kept trimming, sewing, and unsewing, trimming, sewing and so on. I eventually got the facing right and then cut off several inches off the hem. I still think the dress looks like a blob, but with a belt added, it looks nice! (:

Front without the belt:



  1. I think many of the vintage sheaths look like blobs without belts too! Nice job.

  2. Thanks! I was a little panicked when I saw it finished first, but then I tried it on with a belt and I really like it (: