Monday, May 30, 2016

L'amour C'est Cool

Trying to figure out my style and forcing myself to re-wear items is a lot more challenging than I thought.  I'm used to getting bargains at the thrift store, so I've never felt guilty about wearing an item once.  At the end of last summer, I started purchasing garments at full priced stores. I'm still a bargainer, but I felt that I needed a more capsule-like wardrobe.  I figured it would be less intimidating than just picking a random vintage dress. It's frustrating that I have no problems styling my friends or shoots, but difficult when it comes to myself. Since I've spent more on certain items, I feel more obligated than wearing it more than once.

The other day, I chose to wear this A-line skirt seen here and here.  I thought it would give it a fun twist to wear a graphic tee and only front tuck it. I would normally tuck a shirt in, but felt that this way would be slightly cooler? I know, I'm lame! To give it a slightly dressier vibe, I wore these gladiator style flats. I think that the different lines (laces & buttons) would make a good contrast since I'm wearing blue on blue.

Tee: J.C. Penny? Khol's? I don't remember 
Skirt: Forever 21 - $20 (similar)
Wrap Sandals: Charlotte Russe - $15 (similar)

Now to figure out how many other ways of wearing this skirt!
-A.




No comments:

Post a Comment