Sunday, March 15, 2015

Thrift Store Finds: March 15

Because of a high demand, I will be posting all my thrift store finds! I do have a few sewing projects and styled photoshoots to show off. In the mean time I will be posting my finds and a little blurb about them. I hope to inspire you to stay trendy on a budget like I do!

Coats/Outerwear: 



This probably has to be my favorite find in awhile. I absolutely love trench coats and capes, so to find a combo of the two was amazing! I love that it has a wide elastic around the waist to cinch your waist, that way you don't look frumpy. It also reminded me a bit of a coat worn in Shut Up & Let's Go. This jacket is by Ambition. I believe it's a private label carried by Nordstrom. I didn't really find anything on price points though. I paid $3 and it was worth every penny.

Tops:



I feel like this late 1960's halter top is something Megan Draper would wear in the last season. I fell in love with the bright and bold print. Very groovy! $3 was okay with me.


Who can resist a 100% cashmere sweater set from Neiman Marcus. I really think that sweater sets are a basic and timeless. I can picture my self wearing it with several fall and spring outfits. Cashmere sweater sets from Neiman's retail around $400 and I only spent $8.

Bottoms:


Knowing that color trend reports are expecting the currently in style pastels to evolve to icy/grey tones for Spring/Resort 2016. That is what helped me pick this icy blue cotton sateen skirt.  I also love that it has pockets! I have like a billion ivory/cream/white blouse that'll look great with it. However, we'll see how creative I can get with it. The skirt is Loft, where similar skirts retail around $50-$60. I paid $2, saving around $48-58. 



These are made of a brocade, which I have an affinity for. As known, I'm usually not a floral person, but I did love the simple rose buds. I think there's something a bit romantic about the piece. It's labeled Cousin Earl which falls under Dallas clothing company, Ivy Jane. From my understanding, you can only find the label in boutiques around Texas & Oklahoma. I had no luck finding a price point. $4 seemed like an okay price to pay for the U.SA. made garment.

Dresses:


I thought this Voom by Joy Han was the coolest! I really love the grecian print and the lightweight material. $5 compared to $80-$120 retail price sounds like a good deal to me. 

 Shoes:




I've been super lucky with finding shoes at the thrift store!! Can you believe I've found two pairs of Ferragamo's and a brand new pair of Giani Bini's?


These Ferregamo flats are my favorite right now. I love the snakeskin detail and the fact that they're suitable for everyday. These were only $4!! A pair of flats are usually $500!!



These Ferragamo slingback pumps are my 3rd pair and the most expensive I've paid for them. They were $6, but of course totally worth it. Heels are more expensive and run around $700.


Lastly, I found this brand new pair of Giani Bini's, which you can find at Dillard's. Heels normally retail $60-$90. I'm really not sure what I'm going to wear with these, but I really liked the faux embossed leather.





No comments:

Post a Comment