Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day to Night

What do you do when you have the rare day off? Or more importantly, what do you wear?

At work I have a pretty strict dress code. Not only do I have to wear all black, it also has to be business casual. It's extremely depressing and uncomfortable!

This past Friday, I happened to be off work. I honestly just wanted to stay out of slacks and longed for denim. Now for those of you that personally know me, you all know I stick to frocks 90% of the time. Denim for me is overwhelming. How on earth do you still keep a vintage look to it? And how do you do that when it's cold outside. These are the thoughts that run my mind when choosing denim as a bottom.

Well here's what I ended up wearing:


Headband - Charming Charlie
Tee - J.C.Penny
Cardigan - 1960's Sears via thrifted
Brooch - vintage via antique mall in Illinois
Pants - Gifted
Flats - Steve Madden

Because denim is so overwhelming, I kept it REALLY simple. I just threw on jeans and a plain white tee. In the hopes of keeping my look "vintage-y", I threw on this fantastic cardigan. I found the cardigan with the matching sweater vest. I have dated it to the early 60's and it was/is from Sears. It was love at first sight when I found it. I think the print is the coolest thing ever!


I also added on a brooch for #noveltybroochfriday. I thought that a fish would be appropriate with the farm theme.

sorry for the blurry image!

I ended up spending the day vintage hunting and thrifting. It was quite nice! As for my night look, that was the easiest thing to put together.

I had planned on going to a fashion event (more on that next time) with my friend. After, the event we had a night out on the town.

I decided to go for a late 1960's look. Teased hair and all!


Dress - late 1960's via Buffalo Exchange Dallas
Necklace - Mid 1960's Sarah Coventry via thrifted
Tights - Ebay
Heels - Urban Outfitters

I'm usually not a fan of horizontal stripes because they make you look wider than you are. However, I really love the flattering silhouette of the dress. I found it at Buffalo Exchange last summer for $18. I remember the cashier telling me that the previous owner said she purchased the dress in a vintage shop in Portugal. There are no labels in the dress and it appears to have been tailored to the original owner in the 60's. It's also lined in a fabulous peach colored crepe material. I think this dress is the most well made garment I own.


I immediately knew I had to wear my 60's Sarah Coventry pendant. I found this at a thrift store some time ago. I was surprised how many compliments I received on it.

And that was my Friday!

But seriously, am I the only one that doesn't know what to wear with jeans?

-A.



No comments:

Post a Comment