Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bettie Page Reveals All - Texas Theatre, Dallas


The other night, I ventured out with 3 good friends the Dallas premiere of the documentary "Bettie Page reveals All".  


Tickets to the event included a few burlesque performances before the film started. Performers included The Dirty Blonde, Vivienne Vermouth, and Black Mariah. It was my first time seeing each of these ladies perform and I was blown away! I highly recommend checking them out for their next performance.

The film itself was extremely fascinating. It was really neat to hear her narrate the documentary and to have people that knew her talk about her and some of the major events that happened to her. The film also showed lots of never before shown photographs. It was amazing to learn that she went through so many hardships, yet managed to keep her cool. I think the most exciting thing I learned was that she designed and sewed her own bikinis and costumes. How amazing is that?! 

I left the theatre feeling extremely inspired! If you have the chance check out the film! I know it's touring a lot of cities in the U.S. right now.

My friends and I went our separate ways after the show since most of us had work the next morning. However, we did get some pictures and had a blast!

I was extremely pleased to attend the show with local milliner/friend Claudia, best friend Emily, and Co-worker turned into friend Dakota.

and of course everyone needs a mirror pic for instagram (;


As for what I wore...I forgot to take a decent picture. 

I ended up sticking with my absolute favorite dress!!! I wear it so much that I always have to sew the sleeve/side seam after wearing it. It's a 1950's cotton dress I purchased at a small vintage shop in Houston for a whopping $25. I paired it with my 1960's crinoline I thrifted, H&M wool stockings, 1960's hat, F21 black skinny belt, and Payless t-strap pumps.

I was sad that I forgot to put a brooch on, but I managed to wear 1960's Trifari earrings (thrifted). I also love that my 'permanent' jade matched perfectly with my dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment