Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fall For Cotton - Fabric & Pattern Choice

I'm really excited about the fact that I'm joining my first sewalong! I was pretty excited when Rochelle (Lucky Lucille) & Tasha (By Gum, By Golly!) announced it. This should help me get out of an uncreative block that I've had for the past few months. I'm also looking forward to meeting new vintage and sewing loving people!

The fabric must be 100% cotton in order to participate. I dreading the fact that I would have to venture to Joann's to find some fabric, but decided to look through my stash first. I have tons of cotton fabric that I had forgotten about. It was really difficult to choose which fabric I wanted to use, so I took a vote on instagram and Facebook.

The majority voted for this vintage green fabric by Jay Yang design. The name of the print is "Woodco". I'm pretty sure it was meant for drapery, but I think a dress would be swell! It's really funky and weird, but in a good way! I picked up the fabric at a little antique store that was going out of business back in June.


As for the pattern, I immediately knew I had to use Simplicity's 2370 (C.1957). I knew I wanted something form fitting to show off the print on the fabric. I also love the open back and bow detailing on the pattern. I also have a matching kelly green beehive and tiger earrings to go with the dress.


I'll probably get started sewing very soon since school is starting back up; not to mention I have to attend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment