Thursday, July 25, 2013

Novelty Brooch Friday

I started wearing vintage brooches since I was 12 or 13, although I felt like no one ever appreciated them as much as I did. I eventually became more of a collector and stopped wearing them as much when I reached high school. I started wearing them again a few years ago, but still felt like they were super unappreciated or unnoticed until recently.

 I was pleasantly surprised to see on instagram that Claire from tunabake times and Erin from The Fawn Times created #noveltybroochfriday. I was really excited to see that there are lots of ladies who like wearing and collecting brooches too. I think my favorite thing about it is the diversity of the brooches, you see so many pretty and unique brooches! It's amazing!

Also by participation, you're entered to win a new brooch each month! I was honored to be chosen as June's brooch winner. I got this awesome fawn brooch from Each To Own (She also has lots of pretty jewelry).


 (Sorry for the poor quality! I was in a hurry & only had my iPhone -_-)

Blouse - Late 1960's J.C.Penny
Skirt - Selfmade from butterick 7457
Shoes - Seychelles via Nordstrom Rack

Thanks ladies for the awesome opportunity!!!

For those interested please join in on instagram! I'd love to see more brooch loving gals! Also, I'm so behind on this blog. I have a couple of shop updates and finally a few completed sewing projects. Stay tuned! 




2 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks super sweet and I love the skirt you made. We love #noveltybroochfriday as well, it certainly cheers up my working Friday to see all the different brooches everyone is wearing, be them vintage or handmade.

    Thank you for your lovely post.
    And see you on Instagram soon

    Claire
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brooches too....I now feel naked without one! I love the 'Each to Own' range. You look super cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete