Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Finds: Home Decor and Luggage

Lot's to share today! It seems like I've been hitting the jackpot lately! My boyfriend and I had an hour to kill so we stopped at a thrift store that we had never been to before. As we were browsing the home decor section, I spotted this set of dinner ware. I instantly fell in love with the pattern because it matches my atomic mid century cups and lantern (from previous posts). My boyfriend was nice enough to buy the set for me. We got 33 pieces for only $25! After much researching, I couldn't figure out the print. Lucky for me, this lovely man on Instagram told me the name of the print is called Marcrest Nordic Mint and they are dated from the 1950's! It was a really good score! I really want the tea pot, so if any of you guys know where I can find it, let me know!



I left that thrift store feeling really lucky and decided to venture to a different one on the other side of town. To my amazement, I found this fabulous mid century coffee pot with gold startbusrt designs. One the next isle, I ended up finding a mid century platter with gold starburst designs. I feel like they perfectly match! These two items only came out to $2.50ish. Talk about a great deal!


Off to the smaller things: I found a vintage kokeshi! I've always wanted one and I finally found one. I also got this little cup with oranges that happens to match one of my mom's pitchers perfectly. I then found a pair of fawn salt and pepper shakers, because I'm an absolute sucker for fawns and deer!


My favorite find was this 1950's basket purse with fake flowers. It's perfect for summer time!


My mom picked out this set of vintage Pyrex in the Buttermilk print. It'll go perfectly with my future kitchen! I have a few other bowls in the same print, so they'll be good for my collection.


I also found vintage Chinese paper cuts. I have no clue what to do with them! Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting them framed.





Oh and then I got the smallest and cutest mod suitcase. I've really gotten into writing letters to pen pals, so this is where I'm keeping my stationary and letters I've received.


My mom and step dad surprised me with this old train case and it was filled with goodies! I can't believe they only paid $8 for eveything!



I'm thinking this Japanese tea pot is from the late 60's, early 70's.


A baggie full of Neiman Marcus labels from the 50's and 60's. What would you do with these?


A beauty book from 1960. I still haven't looked through it yet, but I'll post pictures if I find anything interesting!


A black and white veil


A baggie full of vintage recipes, including "Better than Sex"cake! There are also vintage matchbooks.


Let's hope I keep getting lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment