Sunday, January 15, 2017

First Thrift Haul of 2017

Happy New Year! Or is it too late for me to say Happy New Year? I'm starting the first post of the year by showing you my recent thrift haul. I haven't been thrifting much because I feel confident about my minimalist wardrobe. (Future blogpost?) With that being said, I want to thrift more because I need more color and print variety in my closet. I think this is a good start. Maybe.

Jackets:


1. Forever 21 Short Trench - $1.70

Any type of trench coat is a classic, you can never go wrong with them. This one is a bit oversized, which I like because it adds a nice length. 

  • You can usually get away with a bigger size in jackets/coats when they have princess seams because it doesn't have excess bulk fabric. A princess seam is the curved seam at the front and back of the garment; there are always two! 



2. Forever 21 Short Herringbone Coat - $2.70

I think this is going to look perfect with a vintage blonde mink collar I have! It's not warm at all, but it was too adorable to pass up. 


3.  Plaid Jacket - $3

I needed this! I love plaid so much! I plan on wearing it with a black turtle neck, black jeans, and black loafers. 


Tops:

1.  Target Gingam Sweater - $2

I really liked the print, but hated it when I wore it. I still thought I would share because my finds aren't always successful. Who knows, I might give it another try worn with something else.


2. Hilfiger Turtleneck Sweater - $2.70

Ahh! I love this piece so much! I've lost track how many times I've worn it! 

  • Everyone needs a good quality black turtleneck sweater in their closet. I love this one because of it's length.



3.  Vintage 80's Mockneck Sweater - $.50

50 cents for a staple, yes please! I've also worn this multiple times already. 


4. Free People Beach Tee - $1.50

This one size fits all was definately a gem find. It fits like a loose top and is shorter on the front; I'm sure I'll wear it with high waisted jeans. 


5. J.Crew Graphic Tee - $.25

I'm venturing out to graphic tees; great to layer underneath my cargo and denim jackets. I found this tee in the boys section.

  • Don't forget to check the kids section, you'll be surprised how many adult sized garments end up there. They are also priced much cheaper!



6.  Land's End Stripe Button up - $4

This plain button up looks so much better tied at the waist! It'll look well with an a-line denim skirt or highwaisted jeans. 

  • Don't be afraid to play with boring button up blouses. 




7. Vintage 80's Chunky Oversized Sweater - $2.50

This is a great piece to just throw over leggings with ankle booties for a super casual look.


So I spent about $24 for 3 jackets and 7 tops/sweaters!

Hope you got a bit of inspiration on the kind of things to look out for and where to look. 

-A. 





No comments:

Post a Comment