1. Forever 21 Short Trench - $1.70
Any type of trench coat is a classic, you can never go wrong with them. This one is a bit oversized, which I like because it adds a nice length.
- You can usually get away with a bigger size in jackets/coats when they have princess seams because it doesn't have excess bulk fabric. A princess seam is the curved seam at the front and back of the garment; there are always two!
2. Forever 21 Short Herringbone Coat - $2.70
I think this is going to look perfect with a vintage blonde mink collar I have! It's not warm at all, but it was too adorable to pass up.
3. Plaid Jacket - $3
I needed this! I love plaid so much! I plan on wearing it with a black turtle neck, black jeans, and black loafers.
1. Target Gingam Sweater - $2
I really liked the print, but hated it when I wore it. I still thought I would share because my finds aren't always successful. Who knows, I might give it another try worn with something else.
2. Hilfiger Turtleneck Sweater - $2.70
Ahh! I love this piece so much! I've lost track how many times I've worn it!
- Everyone needs a good quality black turtleneck sweater in their closet. I love this one because of it's length.
3. Vintage 80's Mockneck Sweater - $.50
50 cents for a staple, yes please! I've also worn this multiple times already.
4. Free People Beach Tee - $1.50
This one size fits all was definately a gem find. It fits like a loose top and is shorter on the front; I'm sure I'll wear it with high waisted jeans.
5. J.Crew Graphic Tee - $.25
I'm venturing out to graphic tees; great to layer underneath my cargo and denim jackets. I found this tee in the boys section.
- Don't forget to check the kids section, you'll be surprised how many adult sized garments end up there. They are also priced much cheaper!
6. Land's End Stripe Button up - $4
This plain button up looks so much better tied at the waist! It'll look well with an a-line denim skirt or highwaisted jeans.
- Don't be afraid to play with boring button up blouses.
7. Vintage 80's Chunky Oversized Sweater - $2.50
So I spent about $24 for 3 jackets and 7 tops/sweaters!
Hope you got a bit of inspiration on the kind of things to look out for and where to look.