Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Too Cheap Blondes Event - Family Thrift Center Outlet

I got an invitation from Jen and Pippa over at Too Cheap Blondes to a thrift blogger shopping meet up at one of the Family Thrift Center Outlets.


I obviously didn't hesitate to go since I got to do my shopping after hours and everything was $2. Yes, EVERYTHING! Also, everything is freshly stocked on Thursdays.

The event was held at the Ft. Worth location. There is another outlet in Plano.


I was bummed that I showed up late due to work scheduling and traffic, so I didn't get to mingle with everyone as much as I liked to have. That didn't stop me from finding some great pieces though.

They have a super large selection of dresses, tops, pants, skirts, shoes, handbags, kids clothing, and men's clothing. No home decor or books, just clothes!

I happened to find 10 pieces of clothing, but mostly for my mom. I haven't been in a shopping mode for myself. I've been mainly shopping for others these days.

Here are some of my favorite scores from the event!

1. Sundance Fortuna Dress

The lace on this dress is incredible! Not to mention the rich dark brown color.  I didn't hesitate taking this dress since I know Sundance is the pricer side. It's kinda like Anthropologie meets Free People. I knew my mom would love it and she did. This dress originally retailed for $128, so I saved $126. You can actually still buy the dress from Sundance for $99.


2. Ralph Lauren Black Label Blazer


Bummed that this jacket is at the cleaners and didn't get a photo of it. However, it's just a black blazer with a slight peplum on the back. It's a gorgeous piece and these blazers usually run around $870 - $1200.

3. Silk Pinstripe Dress

                                                


This dress isn't anything fancy, but it made me think of 3.1 Phillip Lim. He always does cool things with pinstripes.

4. Free People Blouse

                                         
I absolutely love Free People!! I only buy it when I find it on sale or at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I just can't justify spending around $100 for a casual blouse when I know I can find it cheaper. 

Not only did I leave with these great pieces, but I also won this Tory Burch Mini Ella Tote! How awesome is that? These nylon totes retail around $200 - $250.




I will definitely be back and hope to find more!

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment