Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sephora Play Box: September Review

Towards the end of August, I got an email from Sephora asking if I'd like to try their new subscription box. I've never done a subscription box before and thought "why not?". $10 a month seems like a reasonable price for premium sample sizes products.

I was super excited when I got my September box towards the end of the month. I decided to use the samples for about a month before posting a review.

The box was cutely packaged & came with 6 samples plus a little booklet.

Inside the booklet it gives you information about each sample and why they sent it. I believe that eac month has a theme. September was all about Sephora's best sellers; which makes total sense since it was their first box. At the back of the book, there was a card valued at 50 points with your next purchase. Which is awesome because I love using their point system! I'm all for free samples!

The 6 samples included  in the box:

1. Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation.

What it is/does? It's a lightweight moisturizer that also clears dark spots.

My thoughts - This truly is a lightweight moisturizer! I've been using it at night after washing my face. I have pretty clear and even skin, so I can't vouch for clearing dark spotus. However, I've noticed that since using the product my skin has been baby soft! Also, a little goes a long way. It's been my favorite moisturizer that I've used. I would definitely buy it if I could afford it! It's $65 for 3oz.  In the meantime I will enjoy my sample!

2. Glamglow  Supercleanse Daily Cleaning Cleanser.

What it is/does? It turns from foam to mud. It's helpful with those that have oily/ acne prone skin.

My thoughts - This was the only product that I didn't get around to using. It just didn't seem appealing  since I have pretty good skin. In the mean time with with the rest of the samples that I have just kept & will maybe use one day.

3. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon

What it does/is? A creamy gel eyeliner

My thoughts - I absolutely loved this!! I will definitely be buying it after my current eyeliner is out. I love that it goes on smoothly & doesn't smear. It does last all day which is rare for other eyeliners I've used. I've used for to do my cat eye & on my inner lid. I still have plenty on the eyeliner, so that makes me happy!

4. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

What it does/is? It's a heat protectant & detangles. It's supposed to make your hair easier to fix from my understanding.

My thoughts - It has a great scent! It's very lightweight and doesn't make your hair greasy. As far as using it for a primer, I wasn't too crazy about it. I think I'd rather stick to coconut oil.

5. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Perfume

What it does/is? Perfume with hints of peony & musk

My thoughts - I really liked the scent and so did my mom. I ended up giving her the sample. It's definitely a perfume that I would purchase.

6. Sephora Rouge Lip Stain in Peony

What it is/does? Lip stain

My thoughts - I fell in love with the color! It's the perfect neutral! I even went ahead and purchased it and have been wearing it everyday. I also love that it doesn't dry out your lips.


I'm really looking forward to October's and will also do a review shortly!

-A.


No comments:

Post a Comment