Monday, July 7, 2014

Built by Wendy Dress No. 1

I have been recently cleaning out my UFO (unfinished object) stash and I finally finished my first dress from the book Built by Wendy:The Sew U Guide to Making a Girl's Best Frock.

The book has 3 main dress patterns: a shift, a dirndl, and sheath.

The dress I made was out of the dirndl pattern. It was extremely basic with a peek-a-boo hem.

As for the fabric, I used a fun polyester novelty print from the 70's that I had in my stash. For the peek-a-boo hem I used a good old plain red cotton. Symphony Broadcloth from Joann's to be exact!

Here's the outcome! Like 2 years years later lol



Seriously, how fun is this fabric?! The dress is super simple, something I can easily transition during the changing seasons. 

-A.

1 comment:

  1. love this dress - especially the toadstools/mushrooms. It's a great feeling to finish a UFO. Well done.

    ReplyDelete