Thursday, June 19, 2014

White is the New Black

These past few weeks, I had two lead styling gigs where I had to wear white. I don't have very much white in my closet, so I had to go out and buy something for one of the gigs. 

In between the two events, I decided to clean out one of my closets where my UFO's (Unfinished Object) are stashed. I stumbled across this white dress that I started here. Yes that's right, it's been sitting unfinished since Spring 2011. The dress is fully lined and the only finishing needed was the hem. I then remembered that because the dress was lined it fit snug and wouldn't go over my hips. I was desperately needing a white dress so I thought why not? I tried it on and it fit fine. I suppose I must have lost weight since then, which is never a bad thing (; 

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to him the dress until after the last event. 

I wore the dress yesterday, but I feel like it's one of those dresses I'm going to wear once or twice a year. I just don't like white on me. 

So in case you didn't look at the previous post, here is the pattern that was used. A mid 1960's Simplicity pattern.


The dress in 2011, before it was ever completed. 


Here I am wearing the dress. Feeling super awkward. I've decided it's not my color. However, I do love this material. It's an embroidered lawn cotton that came from my mom's fabric stash.


Brooch  - 1960's via Thrifted - 99 Cents
Dress -Me Made
Shoes - 1950's via Craigslist - $10

I paired the dress with authentic 1950's t-strap sandal pumps.


And as usual a brooch was thrown in the mix, it's an unsigned fly from the 60's. 


What do you think of wearing white?

-A. 


1 comment:

  1. I like white, although do not wear it too often anymore. Love your bee/fly brooch!

    ReplyDelete