Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday's Finds: Modern Mid Century Obsession & Vintage Jewelry

Hi everyone! I've decided to start a weekly post called Friday's Finds. I'll get to show you what treasures I found the previous week at thrift stores, garage sales, antique malls, flea markets etc.

Last week, I drove around quite a bit in search for some modern mid century pieces. I've been weirdly obsessed with it this month. I was hoping to find some furniture, but that didn't happen. However, I did find some great pieces for my future kitchen.

1. Mid Century Lantern from a restaurant? I actually found this in Oklahoma and fell in love with the gold and teal color combination. After closely inspecting it, I saw that you can twist the shade so it shows "For service turn shade" to a red. A candle is supposed to go inside so the red glows when you request service. I hope my explanation makes sense! Does anyone have any clue what this is called? I want to put it on my kitchen table when I have my own place.



2. Mid Century Georges Briard strawberry platter. I'm still trying to figure out the name of the series it came from. I seriously almost died when I saw that it was only 50 cents!!! 


3. Mid Century Set of 5 Glasses. I found these back in Texas and thought they would perfectly match the lantern I found. This was more of an impulse buy, but when am I ever going to find matching glasses again? They were $16 for the set so I don't feel too guilty about it. 



4. Mid Century Jars. Okay so this next find justified me buying the cups. I stumbled upon them on another location and I told the seller about me just purchasing the cups, so she cut me a deal on the jars. We were both surprised that it was the exact same print! So it has now been decided that my future kitchen is going to have a lot of teal and gold! 


5. Cherry red lucite bangle


6. Clear lucite bangle


7. Apple juice carved bakelite bangle 






No comments:

Post a Comment