Last week, I drove around quite a bit in search for some modern mid century pieces. I've been weirdly obsessed with it this month. I was hoping to find some furniture, but that didn't happen. However, I did find some great pieces for my future kitchen.
1. Mid Century Lantern from a restaurant? I actually found this in Oklahoma and fell in love with the gold and teal color combination. After closely inspecting it, I saw that you can twist the shade so it shows "For service turn shade" to a red. A candle is supposed to go inside so the red glows when you request service. I hope my explanation makes sense! Does anyone have any clue what this is called? I want to put it on my kitchen table when I have my own place.
2. Mid Century Georges Briard strawberry platter. I'm still trying to figure out the name of the series it came from. I seriously almost died when I saw that it was only 50 cents!!!
3. Mid Century Set of 5 Glasses. I found these back in Texas and thought they would perfectly match the lantern I found. This was more of an impulse buy, but when am I ever going to find matching glasses again? They were $16 for the set so I don't feel too guilty about it.
4. Mid Century Jars. Okay so this next find justified me buying the cups. I stumbled upon them on another location and I told the seller about me just purchasing the cups, so she cut me a deal on the jars. We were both surprised that it was the exact same print! So it has now been decided that my future kitchen is going to have a lot of teal and gold!
5. Cherry red lucite bangle
6. Clear lucite bangle
7. Apple juice carved bakelite bangle