Thursday, March 21, 2013

Original Design.

So I've taken a long absence from posting on here. It's tough trying to balance school, work, family, friends plus trying to find time to sew and document my process.

I have since made about 2 dresses for myself which I shall be sharing sometime during the week.

I've also had the pleasure of creating a Through the Alley original design for a very special girl! (:

It was definitely a great learning experience since this was the first time I've sewn for someone and got paid for it.

I've learned that I still have quite a bit to learn about pattern drafting, esp. when it comes to the neck drop and arm holes. I must have made about 3 different muslins before getting it right!

I also learned that tulle is actually quite tricky to work with.

Overall, I was very happy with my outcome and most importantly my client was happy with the dress as well (:

I've included the only 2 pictures I have.

Let me know what you guys think!





No comments:

Post a Comment