Sunday, December 9, 2012

Polka Dot Dress

Hi all! I'm finally finished with my semester at school, so I celebrated by sewing myself a dress. I decided to go with a maternity pattern because I wanted something empire waisted. I chose to make the dress in the middle of the picture.


Obviously, I needed to resize the pattern since it is designed for pregnant women. After looking at the pieces I decided I wasn't going to like the dress, even resized.

I ended up whipping out my pattern blocks and just designed something based off of the picture.


I ended up adding four darts at the front of the bodice and two darts on the back of the bodice. I also made the dress zipper-less because I just wanted something that I can easily throw on. I also decided to go with a boat neck and a somewhat low back.

Here's my final product!





Photography by Lee Phan

Let me know what you guys think! (:

Necklace: Charming Charlie
Belt: Target



4 comments:

  1. Super duper cute, love this dress on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely dress! Suits you so well. And the necklace you've got with it is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a darling and timeless dress!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete