Saturday, January 28, 2012

Simplicity 4930

Hello! I just wanted to share one of my most recent projects, Simplicity 4930 from the early 60's. I purchased this pattern at an estate sale quite some time ago and just fell in love with the open back scoop.


Source


I ended up using this fabric that I came across at a thrift store about 6 months ago. Does anyone know if this print/motif has a name?



This was a fairly easy dress to make. I did end up shortening the bodice and taking it in a bit through the darts. I'm going to be using this pattern a lot for my summer wardrobe!



I love the versatility of this dress! I styled it the other night with a green cardigan, brown waist belt, brown wool tights, and brown oxfords.

4 comments:

  1. Great dress, it really does look versatile, all those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is lovely! The fabric is a great choice, you can mix and match it with so many other colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sorbetsurprise: Thanks! (:

    @Marie: Thank you soo much! Yes, you can! It's become my new favorite dress (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this dress. Such a lovely pattern & I love the fabric you've used.

    ReplyDelete