Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thrift Trip No. 7

Today I had the opportunity to go thrifting! It was the first time I'd gone in months! It was really nice to be out by myself all day venturing from thrift store to thrift store; am I the only one who prefers shopping by myself? Some people think it's odd, but I'm more comfortable when I'm at the store by myself.

I was going to model what I bought, but I really don't like my hair, it's soo flat and awkward looking so I usually wear it up in a bun. So I put the clothes on Annie the mannequin, but a lot of the things look frumpy on her :/ Oh well I'll post pictures on an outfit post whenever I get the chance to wear them.

Here's what I got from most expensive to cheapest!

1. $6 - For the past few months, I've been really obsessed with polka dots! So I automatically fell in love with this sheer Fossil shirt.



2. $5.60 - My mom absolutely loves purple, so when I saw this Gap halter dress I thought to myself "I bet mom would say 'Allie you have to get that dress!!'" plus I really liked the print , so I bought it and sure enough my mom LOVED it.



3. $3 - I used to shop at New York & Co. when I was in business school and it's generally somewhat pricey, so the dress was a must! It looks red in the picture, but it's really hot pink.



4. $3 - This was my favorite find of the day! It looks good and is super comfortable!



5. $2.40 - I figured this vintage top would look cute with leggings and you can usually never go wrong with flowy shirts.



6. $2.40 - It's pretty rare finding 50's inspired dresses at a good length so this was a must! I'm not too fond of the scalloped neck line so I'm going un sew it and sew it straight. The print is pretty loud but I'm sure I can tone it down with a belt and/or cardigan.



7. $2.10 - Simple and Versatile Gap Vneck



8. $1.60 - I can't believe I found this Zara sweater vest for this price! I have lots of ideas on how I want to wear it! (:



9. $1.50 - I wasn't so sure about this dress at first because of the print, but what made me get it was the style and colors.



10. $1 - A cute vintage lace crop top for a buck? Yes please!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe how cheap you got the lace top for! It's lovely, you did well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny I was about to give up on that thrift store and right as I was walking to the door, I saw it the floor and it happened to be 50% off (: and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with #5. So 80's. There coming back strong. It'd look so cute with leather leggings. The leather is my new obsession right now.

    And I know what you mean about shopping alone. I feel like I can take my time in any store I want and not be rushed.

    Cute blog! :) following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love all the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie: Yes! This is true! I saw it and was like ohhh must have! I used to have some leather like leggings, but I have no idea what did to them! I've been meaning to buy new ones, but it's one of those things I keep putting off. Thanks for following! I really appreciate it!

    Maike: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete