Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sure by the time I post this all of you will have eaten, but I thought it would be nice to include this sweet potato casserole recipe. Sweet potato casserole is my favorite! But we usually never make it at my house, so I decided to be in charge of it this year (: I must have looked a billion different recipes, but the one's that used marshmallows called for all these fruits and the one's that didn't have marshmallows just seemed boring! So after reading several I just kinda made up my own. I was pretty nervous about how it would come out, but everyone LOVED it! (:




1 13oz. Can of Sweet Potatoes
1 Stick of Salted Butter
1/2 Cup of Raw Sugar
1 Pinch of cinnamon
crushed pecans
marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Open and drain can of sweet potatoes. Put potatoes in a bowl and mash them.

2. Melt butter, add to potatoes and mix well. Mix in sugar and cinnamon.

3. Spread mixture onto greased baking dish. Sprinkle as many pecans as you'd like over mixture. Then cover in marshmallows.

Bake for 40 min.

Makes 6 servings

Enjoy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment