Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sewing Project: 1973 Dress

I've been really frustrated with the skirt that I've been working on, so I decided to do a different project to get my mind off of it. The thing with the skirt is that my mom told me to add x amount of inches to each side because the pattern is too small for me. Well that's been a disaster! I ended up adding 48" to the waist! :O So it's been a pain in the butt trying to make it smaller without losing the shape.

So this is the dress I started on today since classes were cancelled due to snow/ice



Pinning fabric in my PJ's -_-



and here's what I have so far! I still need to hem the neckline, add the tie straps, sew the sides, and hem it. It's been a fairly easy dress so far, I hope to finish before Sunday (:

No comments:

Post a Comment