Friday, July 22, 2016

4th of July in Austin Pt. 1

Hi!! I'm so behind on all my OOTDs! Lots of lack of inspiration, work, thrifting, and travel for this girl.

As I sit here waiting to board my flight,  I felt the need/inspiration to get back to sharing my outfits with you. I also have a few fun ideas how to make random thrifted items look a bit more stylish.

For 4th of July weekend, I headed out to Austin to visit my best friends. On my journey there, I wanted to look decent, but still be comfortable.

I opted with this really random Japan souvenir tee that I found at the thrift store and wore it with that denim skirt that I've been wearing pretty often. I bought my tee in my recent trip to the Family Thrift Outlet.

How to make a basic tee look cool:

Roll up the sleeves for a more modern look. Add fun accessories. Try wearing it with a skirt or printed pants to keep the look more interesting.

It was a great outfit choice because I was stuck in traffic for what felt like forever and I didn't even have to change when we went out that evening.

Japan Tee - Family Thrift Outlet$2
Forever 21 skirt - $20 (similar)
Lace up gladiator sandals - Topshop via Trunk Club $45
Vintage purse - Family Thrift Outlet $2


I tried adding a bit of a boho vibe to this look, and I think it was successful! I also think that the tee doesn't look as plain as it did on the hanger at the thrift store.

What do you think?

-A.



No comments:

Post a Comment